NPC MEN'S BODYBUILDING RULES
NPC 2020 Stingrey Classic
MEN'S BODYBUILDING Information
Teen, Novice, Open Master, & Open Divisions
Crossovers are available
Sanctioned by the NPC [National Physique Comittee]
Date: Friday, April 17, 2020
Location: Sheraton Waikiki Hawaii Ballroom
Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
Please read 'Rules & Regulations' page for important competitor information
Male Competitors (All contests that are pro qualifiers)
▪ Bantamweight – up to 143 ¼ lb
▪ Lightweight – Over 143 ¼ up to 154 ¼
▪ Middleweight – Over 154 ¼ up to 176 ¼
▪ Light-Heavyweight – Over 176 ¼ up to 198 ¼
▪ Heavyweight – Over 198 ¼ up to 225 ¼
▪ Super Heavyweight – Over 225 ¼
Male Welterweight Class for USA and National Championships
▪ Bantamweight: 143-1/4 lbs. & under
▪ Lightweight: over 143-1/4 lbs. to & including 154-1/4 lbs
▪ * Welterweight over 154-1/4 lbs. to & including 165-1/4 lbs
▪ Middleweight: over 165-1/4 lbs. up to & including 176-1/4 lbs
▪ Light-Heavyweight: over 176-1/4 lbs. up to & including 198-1/4 lbs
▪ Heavyweight: over 198-1/4 lbs up to & including 225-1/4
▪ Super Heavyweight: over 225-1/4
*The Welterweight is optional at local, regional and national qualifying contests.
STINGREY CLASSIC MEN'S BODYBUILDING DIVISIONS:
Teen Bodybuilding Division (16-19)
▪ One Class Only
Novice Bodybuilding Division
▪ One Class Only
Open Master Bodybuilding Division (35+ national qualifier)
▪ Lightweight – up to an including 176 ¼ lbs
▪ Heavyweight – over 176 ¼ lbs to 225 ¼ lbs
Open Bodybuilding Division (national qualifier)
▪ Bantamweight – up to 143 ¼ lbs
▪ Lightweight – Over 143 ¼ up to 154 ¼ lbs
▪ Middleweight – Over 154 ¼ up to 176 ¼ lbs
▪ Light-Heavyweight – Over 176 ¼ up to 198 ¼ lbs
▪ Heavyweight – Over 198 ¼ up to 225 ¼ lbs
Competitors will be checked in and weighed (read “General Information” page). Weigh-ins are on April 16, 2020 at the Sheraton Waikiki Waianae Ballroom from 5p-7p. NPC chairman Mark Valencia will be inspecting your posing trunks at the weigh-ins for approval.
THE PREJUDGING POSING ROUNDS
FOR MALE & FEMALE COMPETITORS
Judges will score competitors according to the NPC “total package” which is a balance of size, symmetry and muscularity.
▪ Keep your feet flat
▪ Keep your heels together
▪ Hold your arms at your sides
▪ No twisting
▪ Your head must be facing the same direction as your feet.
▪ Begin when ready – no signal is necessary from the Head Judge.
▪ Maximum of 60 seconds with a warning when 10 seconds remain.
▪ You are not obligated to use all 60 seconds.
▪ Lying on the floor is not permitted.
▪ Front Double Bicep
▪ Front Lat Spread
▪ Side Chest
▪ Side Tricep
▪ Rear Double Bicep
▪ Rear Lat Spread
Abdominals with one thigh
POSING TIMES FOR STINGREY CLASSIC BODYBUILDING COMPETITORS (NO MOON POSING)
NO INDIVIDUAL POSING AT PRE-JUDGING (ONLY COMPARISONS)
60 SECONDS (WITH MUSIC) AT NIGHTSHOW
▪ All suit bottoms must be V-shaped, no thongs are permitted.
▪ Suits worn by male competitors at the prejudging and finals must be plain in color with no fringe, wording, sparkle or fluorescents.
▪ All Prejudging suits will be checked at the morning check-in.
▪ Competitors are not permitted to alter the fit of the posing suit by hiking it up in the back or by pulling up the sides during Front and Rear Lat Spreads.
▪ Posing music will be used at the Finals
▪ Posing music must not be longer than 60 SECONDS
▪ Posing music must be emailed to by April 10, 2020. Include your name, division entering, start music on or off stage on the subject line of your email (i.e. Rey Ronquilio, Open Bodybuilding, Start ON stage). A $50 late fee will be charged if music is turned in late. Only the 60 second music should be emailed (do not email the whole song or any other music)
▪ Posing music must not contain vulgar lyrics. Competitors using music containing vulgar lyrics will be disqualified.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR POSING MUSIC? OUR VERY OWN DJ OSNA (OSNIZZLE). HE CAN MIX YOUR 60 SECOND POSING MUSIC FOR $50. CALL HIM DIRECTLY AT 808.797.7070
▪ During the Prejudging no use of jewelry onstage other than a wedding band.
▪ No glasses, props or gum are permitted onstage.
▪ Any competitor doing the “Moon Pose” will be disqualified.
▪ Lying on the floor is prohibited.
▪ Bumping and shoving is prohibited. First and second persons involved will be disqualified.
▪ Competitor numbers will be worn on the left side of the suit bottom
▪ Any competitor who appears to be disoriented, light-headed or experiences undue cramping will not be permitted to compete.
▪ Any competitor disqualified for health reasons must be checked by the attending EMT and, if it is advised by the EMT, must go to the nearest hospital for evaluation.
▪ Competitors who refuse to be evaluated by the EMT or at the hospital will be suspended from competition for a period of one year from the date of the occurrence.
NATIONAL LEVEL CONTESTS
NPC Junior USA Championships
NPC Junior National Championships
NPC Masters Nationals Championships
NPC USA Championships
NPC Team Universe Championships
IFBB North American Championships
NPC National Championships
Who Qualifies for Bikini National Level Competitions:
One-year qualification for the top 2 places in each class at a national-qualifier contest
ENTRY INFORMATION – the following must be provided with your entry:
NPC contest thar you entered
Date of your contest
Your height class and final placing
*** You will be allowed ONLY 1 person backstage (competitors can purchase 1 coaches’ pass for $100 during your online registration). Coaches’ pass includes backstage entry for both prejudging and the night show and free entry to watch prejudging. The night-show is NOT INCLUDED, so if you have a coaches’ pass, you will still need to purchase a seat for the night-show if you want entry. In addition, who ever you choose to be backstage with you will need to purchase an NPC card from npcnewsonline.com for liability purposes.
*** READ GENERAL INFORMATION page for important competitor information.
*** Must fill out online application (no manual applications allowed). If you are having problems with the online registration contact Rey @ 808.781.1133.
PLEASE SUBMIT A HEAD SHOT PICTURE FOR THE PROGRAM BOOK AFTER YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. Email to by April 3, 2020 (make sure to include your name and division entering, in the subject line of email).